Ever wanted to see a race to the Pokemon battle theme? Or see a battle between the folks from Tokyo Ghoul and Digimon? Well Anime Music Videos (AMV’s) are where you can make it happen! Put your video editing skills to the test and enter our competition for the chance to win prizes, get your AMV shown on the big screen and gain the adoration of anime nerds everywhere… in Tasmania.
Note: The following rules are subject to change at any point in time. However, notification will be given on the forums to any changes made to the rules or submission deadline.
Entries sent to previous AICon competitions are not eligible.
- Entries open 10am February 28 2018.
- All entries must be submitted by midnight April 3rd 2018 (entries postmarked after this date will not be accepted). See submission guidelines for more details.
- Please note that this is a PG rated festival, and as such, videos that contain excessive mature content will not be accepted.
- No obscene language please (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require clarification of this rule).
- Videos must not exceed five minutes of length.
- Entrants can submit a maximum of three videos.
- Videos must not contain bumpers, title screens, credits, or any other forms of creator and/or footage/audio identification. If a video does contain any of the previously stated identification they may either be re-encoded (decreasing the quality of the video) or disqualified from the competition at the discretion of the AMV coordinators.
- 70% of the video must contain anime and/or video game footage.
- Videos must be of the individual’s creation, plagiarising other peoples work will not be tolerated and will result in bans from future competitions.
- The AMV coordinator reserves the right to disqualify entries for any reason they see necessary to protect the overall quality and integrity of the event.
- These reasons can include:
- Poor video or audio quality.
- Failure to conform to the rules.
- These reasons can include:
The contest is open to international entries and does not require contestants to attend the festival.
Prizes and awards will not be mailed to winners. By submitting an entry to AICon, the video editor grants AICon non-revocable permission to exhibit and distribute that work. The video editor otherwise retains all rights and responsibilities relating to its creation. The retention of all copyrights remains with the original holder of any and all copyrights.
By sending in an entry to the competition, you agree to all the rules listed above.
Category and award descriptions are guidelines only. The AMV coordinator may add, change, or eliminate categories as they see fit. The competition is divided into two categories, Judge and Fan votes.
Judge Votes – An anonymous panel of Judges will view eligible entries and vote for the best videos, prior to the festival. The following categories will apply for the 2018 AICon AMV competition:
- Action and/or Upbeat
- Drama and/or Romance
- Comedy and/or Trailer
- Best in theme: This year’s theme is Supernatural. Optional. If you’re not sure your AMV is in theme we will add that category to your entry as we see fit.
- Best Technical
- Best Overall
Fan Votes – At the screening of the AMV competition at AICon, judging forms will be available from the AMV coordinators as well as distributed randomly to the crowd. Videos will be judged by the audience with the top video receiving the award of “Fan Favourite”. This video is also eligible for awards in the Judge Votes categories.
Submissions must be in digital format only. All AMVs will be tested upon being received and if any issues with codecs etc., arise you will be asked to make any necessary changes and submit again. It is recomended to get your entry in as earlier as possible as no edits will be accepted after the deadline.
Submissions can be submitted online.
This is not a specific requirement for videos and your entry will not be judged or excluded from the competition based on it. If submitting a large lossless copy, please include a compressed copy (XviD/DivX/x264) as well.
For online submissions simply host your video online and email your video details to the AMV coordinator (email@example.com).
Please do not link to a youtube video as we need to have a copy that can be transferred to an external hard drive for the competition.
You will receive a confirmation email when the AMV coordinator has received your entry, downloaded it, and confirmed that it works. Please allow up to one week for a response.
Please include the following details when submitting (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) your video to the AICon AMV Competition:
- Name (real name)
- Online Alias (optional)
- Studio (optional)
- E-mail Address
- Intention to attend the festival (I will be attending/I won’t be attending/I may be attending)
And for each video entered include the following information:
- Names of other editors who have contributed to video (if applicable; where other editors have edited sections of the video or collaborated)
- Video Title
- Video Sources (if over 5 just use ‘various’)
- Song Title
- Song Artist
- Video Category (if unsure just say ‘not sure’)
- Video Runtime
- URL (link to video for online submission only)
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions or problems, good luck and let the games begin!