AICon 2017 Auction
To find out how to submit lots and to ensure an easy AICon Auction experience, please read the Terms and Conditions below.
Terms & Conditions:
Pre-Registering Auction Lots
- Absolutely no Live-Steel props will be accepted in both the General and Mature Auction (15+).
- There have been allocated 85 lots for pre-registered items.
- All auction entries must be submitted via the form available below. These entries will be manually reviewed to make sure they are appropriate for the auction, and a reply will be sent within approximately 72hrs.
- Registration will close on 20/02/17 or when all lots for their respective days have been filled, whichever occurs first.
- An individual vendor may submit no more than five (5) lots.
- Any number of items can be placed into a single lot, but will be sold as one lot and will have less time devoted to showcasing each individual item to the audience.
- Details required for each submission include seller’s name (as it appears on ID), seller’s mobile number and seller’s email address (this will be the only form of communication in the lead up to the festival). In addition to this each lot requires a name, starting price, description (please include relevant details such as DVD region, quality of Item/s, Viewer’s Rating etc) and if the item is a bootleg or not.
- Anyone found to be intentionally mislabelling items (such as selling bootlegs as legitimate items, labelling a faulty item as working, etc.) will be banned from submitting lots to future TasPop Auctions and, depending on the severity, may be banned from future TasPop events.
- Starting Price must be in whole dollar amounts (for example $4.00, $20.00, etc.). Any item handed in without a Starting Price will be assigned a Starting Price of two dollars ($2.00).
- There will be NO RESERVE PRICE for items. This is to ease time constraints and reduce exaggerated expectations of winning bids. Starting Price may be adjusted with Auctioneer permission when handing in items.
- All Pre-Registered Lots will be collected into a catalogue, which will be posted on the TasPop website before AICon 2017 for the public to view ahead of the festival.
- All items, once handed in, will be stored by the TasPop volunteers. TasPop will not be held responsible for the condition or security of auction items.
- Absolutely NO lots will be taken on the day, no exceptions. Lots will be taken by pre-registration only.
- To submit items to the Auction you must be at least 15 years of age at (or before) March 3rd 2017. You must also be able to provide appropriate photo ID, as this will be used to verify your identity when collecting your money and any unsold items.
- Your photo ID must be shown when submitting your items on the day, and must match the name used in the lot submission form. Your ID type and number will then be recorded, and the same ID must be then shown in order to collect money from your lots and any unsold items. Only the person who owns the ID will be able to collect money and unsold items using it.
- All submitted lots must be for the same day with no more than five  lots allowed for general items and another five  only for mature items. You may submit two submissions so long as they do not excees the max limit.
During the Auction
- Auctioned Lots will be sold in roughly the order of Lot Number given in the Auction Catalogue.
- The Auctioneer may withdraw Auction Lots from sale at any time. This will be most likely due to bootleg or inappropriate merchandise handed in.
- Bids for Auction Lots at the Auction will be only in whole dollar amounts.
- The Auctioneer will refuse any bid not of a whole dollar amount.
- The assumed bidding raise will be a minimum of five dollars ($5.00), except in circumstances where the bid has not yet risen above twenty dollars ($20.00). If the bid is currently below twenty dollars ($20.00) the minimum bid will be one dollar ($1.00).
- To bid, buyers should raise hand when Auctioneer announces the highest bid.
- Should any buyer wish to bid above the highest bid by more than one dollar ($1.00), please announce in a loud voice the new high bid (whole dollar amount only). This is to aid in the Auction staff being able to hear you clearly.
- Should multiple bids occur simultaneously, the Auction staff will declare the highest amount called out to be the new highest bid.
- The winning bid will be recorded by Auction Staff after the Auctioneer says “Sold.”
- Starting prices may not be adjusted during the Auction. Any item that is unsold during the Auction will be returned to the Seller and not relisted/reopened for bidding later.
- In the event of a dispute concerning a bid, the Auctioneer may re-submit the Auction Lot for sale at the last undisputed bid.
- The Auctioneer will not accept any bid after the property has been sold to a successful bidder.
Collecting Purchased Items and Winnings at the Auction
- When a winning bid is announced for an item, the winning bidder must immediately stand so they can be easily seen. They must remain standing until they have received both their item and change. In the case of large or bulky items the buyer must pick up the item before the close of that day’s Auction.
- Auction Staff will collect payment then run both the item and change to the buyer.
- Exact amounts are preferred, as change may not be available.
- During the Mature Age Auction the winner may be required to present appropriate ID by the money handler. Appropriate ID would be government recognised forms of ID such as a Driver’s License, Passport, Keycard, etc.
- Sellers may pick up their earnings and/or unsold items NO SOONER THAN half an hour after the close of the auction from the Information Desk (ANY early sellers will be turned away by Information Desk Staff). This allows time for Auction staff to calculate each person’s earnings. Photo ID will be required to collect your earnings and unsold items, and must match the Photo ID shown when items were handed in.
- If, for whatever reason, you are unable to collect money or items at the festival alternate arrangements must be made within the fortnight after AICon (before 20/03/17). Money and items left unclaimed after this date will become property of TasPop.
- AICon will not sell unsold/returned items at the Information Desk. Any such arrangements will be made between sellers and prospective buyers.
- AICon will charge a service fee of 10% (rounded to the nearest whole dollar) of the final sale price of each lot. This fee will come from the money being held for collection by the seller.
- For more information or to clarify any of these terms, please contact our Auction Coordinator via private message on our Facebook page.
Lot Submission Form:
Before continuing, please make sure you’ve read and understand the Auction’s Terms and Conditions, as located above.
- To submit items to the AICon Auction you must be at least 15 years of age at (or before) March 3rd, 2017. You must also be able to provide photo ID, as this will be used to verify your identity when collecting your money and any unsold items.
- The maximum rating for items sold in the general AICon Auction is M15+. Anything rated higher than this must be submitted to the Mature Age (MA15+) Auction. All items will be checked over on the day and any items found to be inappropriately submitted to the general Auction will be excluded from the Auction and returned to the seller.
- If, for whatever reason, you are unable to collect money or items at the festival alternate arrangements must be made within the fortnight after AICon (before 20/3/17). Money and items left unclaimed after this date will become property of TasPop.