The Fanfiction competition returns to MAICon for 2017! As always, we accept all variations of the written word, including poetry, haiku, fictional journalist works, and more!
Entries into the Fanfiction competition are judged on three categories:
The most enrapturing of all submitted entries.
Most Creative in Language;
Awarded to the entry with the most effective use of wording in their work.
Most Innovative in Plot;
Awarded to the entry with the most intriguing of plotlines.
Rules and Regulations
- Online submissions close on the 1st of September
- Due to an overwhleming number of entries at AICon this year, we will only be accepting online submissions.
- Stories are not required to adhere to the festival’s theme.
- You may submit bodies of work written in previous years.
- You do not need to attend the festival to be eligible for submitting work.
- Prizes cannot be mailed out, but we are able to email certificates.
- Entries are limited to two per person, and prizes to one per person.
- All stories must be submitted with a filled out form.
- By filling out the form you declare you are the legal age to read your own content.
- Stories may contain mature content.
- Original characters allowed.
- Printed copies handed in on day must be stapled and the pages numbered.
Story format; size 12 font, Times New Roman.
No longer than 6 pages in length.
- Your story will not be returned to you at the end of the festival.
- Writers may be asked permission for digital hosting of their story.
- All copies of fanfiction will be disposed of after the festival for writers’ privacy.
- Your story will not be read aloud during the festival’s events.
- We offer the option that only the judges will be allowed to read your story, and they are bound not to display or discuss it to others on or outside the judging board.
The judges also adhere to regulations preventing them from discussing the submissions to anyone outside their judging panel and are required to keep the identity of contestants undisclosed. All uncollected works will be shredded after the festival and digital copies deleted.
- All questions and queries may be private messaged to our Facebook page.
- A confirmation email will be sent back to you within 72 hours after submission.
- If our submission form is not acceptable for your body of work, please private message us via our Facebook page and we’ll attempt another method!