FRUiTs Fashion Competition
The Fruits Fashion Competition is a showcase of all popular culture fashions! Reinterpretations of existing characters/animals into fashion, traditional outfits, street fashion, even original pieces, we accept it all!
Example styles of Fruits:
Still not quite sure what you could enter with? Below is a short list of some varying examples.
|Traditional Japanese clothing (Kimonos and Yukatas)||Fuku (School Uniforms)||Rockabilly|
|Visual Kei, J-rock, & J-pop||Japanese punk styles||Gijinka|
|Wa Lolita||Sweet Lolita||Decora|
|Kodona (Boy Style)||Mori Girl||And more!|
Participants are not limited to these genres but are advised to have a description and title of the outfit or design outside of the above. Be as creative as you like! Entries will be judged under a number of categories mentioned below.
Rules and Regulations:
All competitors must adhere and agree to the following rules, failure to do so can lead to disqualification or, depending on severity, refusal to any future competitions.
- Participants must arrive at the hosting theatre 30min before the Fruits competition begins. Not turning up to the arranged time and location may result in a forfeit from the main competition – so don’t be late! (Please note: all on-the-day entrants will also need to arrive 30min before the scheduled time of the event.)
- Vulgar and explicit behaviour will not be tolerated. Outfits must adhere to the Attendee Code of Conduct. Please remember it is a PG event.
- The use of wet body paint, fake blood, confetti, excessive amount of glitter or anything that could damage or stain equipment and clothes will not be permitted on stage or into the festival. This is to show respect for other people’s costumes and our venue.
- Costumes that display: foul language, are overly sexual, fail to cover a sufficient amount of skin or promote adult content may be refused entry. If you are unsure of whether or not your costume complies to these rules please contact the Fruits Coordinator on our FaceBook page to discuss.
- To prove you have read the rules please include the following into your submission form. ‘I have read the rules and regulations regarding this competition and will respect such rules for the sake of the judges, audience members, volunteers, and committee involved.’ This is something you must actually agree with and recognise you will be held accountable should you break these rules and regulations.
Awarded to the most outstanding competitor over all fields. Competitors will be judged on their choice of outfit, presentation, make-up, accessories and execution.
This is determined by skill of the item(s) construction and application of the item(s) with the outfit as a whole. Majority of items must be made.
Awarded to the individual who has put together the most aesthetically cohesive outfit of mostly bought items. Majority of items must be bought.
Best in Theme
Constructed or compiled, the best outfit to match the festival’s theme is awarded this title.
Awarded by audience response, the contestant that builds the loudest crowd cheer wins this category. Only audience members that have walked on stage can compete for this award; FRUiT’s Contestants will NOT be eligible for Fan Favourite.