Games Room : Information & Tournaments
Information coming soon.
All tournaments are double elimination (participant dependant) unless otherwise specified
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournament Rules (10:30am – Midday)
2 players (no cpu) – Bracket of two, winner advances
- 150cc – Time Trial-like rules, 3 mushrooms
- Players may pick any racer and can choose from the following cart sets:
*Basic Kart (standard kart, standard tyres, super glider)
*Basic Bike (standard bike, standard tyres, super glider)
*zelda botw dlc (master cycle zero, ancient tyres, paraglider)
*circuit special, slim tyres, parachute
*comet bike, off road tyres, parafoil
*standard atv (quad), monster tyres, plane glider
*above combinations that were chosen were based on parts that were found to be available from the start or from a free update. Sets are subject to change.
Pokemon Stadium 1 Mini Games Tournament Rules (11:30am – 12:30pm)
Normal mode (Pick a game)
1. Have easiest mini games in earliest rounds, then gradually progress in difficulty in later rounds.
Easy: Magikarp, Sandshrew, Pikachu
Medium: Rattata, Metapod, Lickitung
Hard: Ekans, Drowzee, Clefairy
2. Both players will vote for which game they like to play (out of the choices depending on round/difficulty as listed above) and choose between heads/tails. A coin flip will determine which game is played.
3. If neither player wins, then player with the higher score/distance/etc will advance. If tied, a rematch will occur.
Sm4sh Singles Tournament Rules (Midday – 2pm)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CFaeel_cVIImEZ7ZrIrb_fSva5H3tsN24yp2INyrVLE/edit?usp=sharing (Public Generic Worldwide Ruleset)
2 players (1v1)
Stock mode, 2 stock, 6 minute time limit, no items, pause disabled, best 2 of 3 games (best of 5 can also be done after a certain point (participant dependant))
Final Destination, Battlefield, Town and City, Smashville, Lylat Cruise
- Players select their characters. Any player may elect to do Double Blind Character Selection (see additional rules).
- Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage (see additional rules).
- The players play the first game of the set.
- The winning player/team of the previous game may ban one stage from the stage list. This action overwrites any previous stage bans in this set (though a player/team may elect to ban the same stage they had done so previously). The banned stage may not be picked by the opposing player/team.
- The losing player/team of the previous game picks the stage for the next match. In addition to the banned stage.
- The winning player/team of the previous game may choose to change characters.
- The losing player/team of the previous game may choose to change characters.
- The next match is played.
- Repeat Steps 4 through 8 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
- Double Blind Character Selection: Any player may request that a double blind selection occur for the first game of a set. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each player’s character choices for the first game. All players are to then select their character for the first game, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
- Stage Striking: Stage striking is done in a 1-2-1 format, with the first 4 stages listed above available for play during game 1. Players/teams play Rock-Paper-Scissors; the winning player bans one stage. The other player bans one more stage. Finally, the winning player bans picks between the remaining two stages to determine where the first match will be played.
Byo controller (recommended)
Tekken 7 Tournament Rules (3pm – 5pm)
BYO controller (recommended; fightsticks allowed)
Standard bo3 bracket
Best of 3, best of 5 for finals
- Loser may repick fighter after each set